Wednesday, December 31, 2008

If Necessity is the Mother of Invention...

... then Mom's been good to me.

From my improvised MP3-ripping setup, my kludged together internet connections, and my cocktail skills, I am truly thankful for being blessed with my (creative) problem-solving ability.

Today was no exception.

Someone (the boss) forgot to buy sugar for the coffee yesterday... something I didn't notice until after I'd made a pot this morning and poured myself a cup.

Reaching for the sugar container, I realized it felt a little light... looking inside, I realized it was empty.

What to do, what to do...?

I set my mug down on my desk, grabbed a handful of peppermint candies from our candy dish, threw them in a parts bag, then proceeded to smash the candies into crystals with a hammer.

I put two teaspoons of the smashed candy into my coffee, along with a bit of coffee whitener and a small shot of Carolan's.

Wow - this mess is actually pretty good! My boss and inside sales cohort were both howling at my ingenuity.

Yes, as you may have guessed, it's a slow day at work today.

Happy New Year to all!