It's not often I ask for help, but I could use a bit of advice from someone with actual (not theoretical/freshly googled) experience in the area of Mobile Blogging.
I'm going to be constantly on the go over the next few months, and as such will be in the market for a less cumbersome method of mobile blogging. My current methods of MoBlogging are getting to be a little, shall we say, ungainly... I don't want to be lugging my wifi-equipped laptop(s) or TRS-80 Model 100 (and acoustic couplers to attach to payphones) around everywhere, and would like something a great deal smaller.
My criteria are as follows:
1. Device must be small, easily portable, and wifi-enabled so I can use any of the free wireless hotspots at my usual haunts.
2. No cellphones or Blackberry-type devices. I'm not interested in them or their associated fees.
3. Device should be compatible with one or more of the following Operating Systems: Linux x86 or Sparc, Solaris 7,8,9, or 10 for Sparc, Mac OS 7.5.x - 10.3.9, OS/2 2.11 - Warp 4, or (ugh) Windows 98SE or Windows 2000 Professional.
4. Device must be relatively inexpensive (max $200 CDN).
5. Must be compatible with the Blogger API - would prefer something that has a native blogging app.
A tall order, to be sure.
I'm leaning towards buying a wireless-enabled PDA but am not sure where to start looking for info.